The season of pep

Gracie Kruep, Staff Photographer

During an extremely interactive Spartan spring pep assembly, the pep club had allowed many of the spring sports to showcase just exactly what people would need to be successful while playing. A couple sports even had their own little games they played; lacrosse showed the school just how difficult the game is to master, by passing and cradling the ball with their lacrosse sticks. While, baseball held a home run derby, which included softball, baseball players, teachers, volunteers from the crowd and Principal Sonny Arnel.

A special visitor made his way to the assembly on April 26th, Louie, the St. Louis Blues Mascot. He and his informant came to the school to educate the school on the Make-A-Wish foundation, and how it helps children all over the country. Prior to that, Louie participated in a dance-off against our Spartan.

“It was a great assembly that made me aware of the spring sports about to happen. Plus, it was pretty fun,” sophomore Jacob Edwards said.

As with most pep assemblies, all of the spring sports were announced and recognized, the Ultimate Spartan awards were given to those with the highest GPA in their sport during the winter season, and of course there was a lot of pep.