Hungry like the wolf

In the beginning of the girls golf season, coach Mr. John Miller mentioned freshman Emma Wolf as a rising freshman star on the team. He described her as being talented enough to play on varsity this year, and as the season has progressed, Wolf has been proving his words again and again, climbing her way to number two on the team.

“She’s a really tough golfer,” said fellow teammate freshman Hannah Lager.

Two weeks ago, she was a co-medalist with team captain junior Mackenzie McDowell in a duel match against Francis Howell North, shooting a 49 on a particularly tough course. Last Thursday she shot a personal record of 32 against St. Dominic. The following day, Wolf finished tenth overall in the Troy Tournament at Incline village and earned her first varsity medal. Yesterday, she medaled yet again against Troy shooting a 36.

“I feel like I’m improving very quickly, and my goal is to do the best I can this season,” said Wolf.

Much of this progress is due to her work ethic. Wolf is constantly trying to perfect her game, whether it be staying focused during practice, carefully listening to Coach Miller’s advice, or finding time on the weekends to go golf with her dad. It appears that all this practice is paying off.

“She has a very good flow in her swing,” said freshman Brooke Killian.

As the season marches on, Wolf plans on continuing to improve and to do well in her matches, and says she hopes to make it as far as she can in the state series.