Strength of schedule

Just two years ago, Hockey was preparing for a march to the state championship. Nowadays, they are just trying to not fall through the ice. If the team wants a chance to fight for the Wickenheiser Cup, it must win its final two games.

Such a feat is not impossible, but players know the magnitude of the task. With games against CBC and rival Howell, the stakes are high.

“CBC will be the biggest game of the season for us,” senior Mike Braun said. “Then we have a game against Howell, and that’s always big cause it’s a rival.”

According to Braun, to finish strong the team needs to play with energy.

“We need to come out and play really hard the rest of the season. We need to practice hard and get ready for the playoffs,” he said. The team remains confident in themselves, with strong individual performances being the catalyst. Most recently, it was senior goalie Caleb Adkins that stepped up and shined.

Adkins racked up his 2nd shutout win of the season in net, in a 6-0 shellacking of Timberland last Monday on senior night. That victory moved the team to 8-8-2 on the season.

The epic bout vs. CBC happens this Saturday at the Rec Plex, 8:15.