• Tomorrow night is the FHC Fine Arts Festival form 6 to 9pm in the Spartan Cafe. It's free to all. Come support your visual, vocal, instrumental, and performing artists. 3/31

• Monday will be FHC Cardinal Day. Let’s turn our blue and silver, red for a day! Administrators will be giving away tickets to participating students during passing periods for prizes!

• On May 10th, YA authors Julie Buxbaum and Jeff Zentner will be at FHC during seminar.

The Home Stretch

Seniors reflect on their fondest memories of their season.

Baseball player swings at the plate. Seniors have wrapped up regular season and play Districts Monday

As the school year comes to an end, many students look forward to summer break but then are faced with another year of highschool in a few short months. However for seniors, these last few days will be the end to a huge chapter in their lives. For sport players, this ending to a school year is also accompanied with the bitter-sweet ending of their sport and leaving the team. Fortunately, Varsity Baseball still has a little left in in their season with a final record of 15 and 11. Their first district game will be played on Monday, May 15th against the winner of the Fort Zumwalt North vs Fort Zumwalt East game. Senior Jake Newell has been playing for the Varsity team for two years now. Because of this, Newell has been able to create amazing friendships he will never forget.

“I’m starting to become nostalgic, starting to remember everything, remembering all the good times we have had and now we are playing for something. I mean, we have the talent so let’s see how far we can get,” Newell said. “I’m not afraid to be myself around all of [my teammates]. We are a family. It’s probably some of the best relationships I have ever had with people.”

With all the friendships and relationships made on the team, it’s not surprising many memories are made as well. Senior Jackson Berck, who has been on the Varsity team since his sophomore year, shares some of his favorite memories from their senior season.

“Having a walk off on senior night and scoring and just having a great season [were some of my favorite things].” Berck said.

Senior Kaleb Cissell, who has also been on the varsity team for two years, shares one of his personal experiences that he will never forget.

“Pitching against Howell and Fort Zumwalt West. Howell was at their place and we won then Fort Zumwalt west was home and we won,” Cissell said.

While the seniors’ role on the team is coming to an end, a new beginning will start next season with the underclassmen coming and filling the shoes of the players before them. Cissell shares some helpful advice he would tell the underclassmen. Newell also shared some kind advice to the former and new underclassmen on the team.

“Enjoy every practice and game because it goes quicker than you think,” Cissell said.

“I’m going to miss the underclassmen. They’re the people that make the team so great,” said Newell. “Just keep working hard, that’s what it’s all about. Keep showing up and trying your hardest and definitely try to make a memory out of it.”